Our terms and conditions
ByteSoftly Terms and Conditions:
Last updated: 28/04/2013
Acceptance of these terms and conditions (which constitutes of the entire web page)
Your access to and the use of any content created or licensed by ByteSoftly is subject exclusively to these terms and conditions which will always be found here, from www.ByteSoftly.com. By using this and other ByteSoftly websites, services and content you are fully accepting the terms, conditions, agreements and disclaimers contained in this notice - a legally binding acceptance of this agreement. If you do not accept these terms, conditions, agreements or disclaimers, you must immediately cease using all of ByteSoftly content, services, products and anything else created by or licensed by ByteSoftly. If you would like a topic clarifying, please contact us.
No part of ByteSoftly constitutes of advice thus should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making any decision.
Acceptable use agreement
ByteSoftly has a zero tolerance attitude for the misuse of its websites, content and other services for any illegal, immoral or other activity which is deemed to be inappropriate by ByteSoftly. We hold any user/visitor of our website entirely responsible for their inappropriate behaviour for example an attempt to contact our users for spamming or any other kind of unwanted contact. If we receive a complaint, we may investigate and possibly track down the individual(s) responsible for the activity to take any necessary actions for example prosecution.
If you suspect you or anyone else is being targeted in an unwanted manner by another user abusing our system and/or Terms and Conditions, please contact us so we are able to improve our system and bring justice.
ByteSoftly does not accept responsibility for the links to or from its website. The presence of these links does not mean that ByteSoftly endorses the material or content of the sites they link to.
ByteSoftly does not accept responsibility for any third party advertisements that may show on ByteSoftly websites.
If you believe ByteSoftly is using your copyrightable work in such a way as to violate copyright regulations, please notify us immediately for us to investigate and remove if no other agreement can be reached.
Disclaimer regarding third party content of any form on ByteSoftly websites
You hereby acknowledge and agree that any third party content including but not limited to applications, games, code extracts, services and images are being provided to you be the third party and not ByteSoftly.
Rules for users
Users may be partially or completely banned from using any ByteSoftly websites and accounts may be temporarily or permanently removed or deleted on any ByteSoftly website if the user's language or behaviour is deemed to be inappropriate by ByteSoftly. Inappropriate language and/or inappropriate behaviour is strictly not allowed on any ByteSoftly website.
You agree completely and utterly not to do any of the following:
- Publish, distribute or transmit any data such as but not limited to text, images, audio, video or files that ByteSoftly deems to (be): (i) Abusive, harassing, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking by any party or person; (ii) Hateful or racially offensive; (iii) Vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit (such as but not limited to images or language); (iv) encourages or normalises illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the desire to commit them.
- Publish, distribute or transmit any data such as but not limited to text, images, audio, video, files or other content that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party, any international and/or domestic law, rule or regulation including but not limited to: (i)Copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights; (ii) right of privacy (for example, you are not allowed to distribute another person's, organisation's or groups personal information of any type without their express permission) or is used as publicity. (iii) Any kind of confidentiality obligation.
- Advertise or attempt to sell any product or otherwise (if to generate profit or not), or recommend products or otherwise, or use any communication such as but not limited to postings for commercial purposes or any form or nature.
- Publish, distribute or transmit any data such as but not limited to text, images, audio, video, files or other content that are infected with a virus, are a virus or contain any harmful part.
- Impersonate any (but not limited to) individual, organisation or group; accidentally or on purpose not representing your identity with but not limited to any individual, organisation or group.
- Be a part of antisocial, upsetting, troublemaking, illegal, disturbing or bad behaviour, including but not limited to 'flaming', 'spamming', 'flooding', 'trolling' or 'griefing' as the meaning of these terms are commonly understood to be on the internet.
- Delete any obligatory (or not) notices, legal notices, disclaimers, proprietary notices such as but not limited to copyright or trademark symbols (©, ®, ™) or change or edit any content such as logos that are not legally your property and/or you do not have permission to change or edit.
- Publish, distribute or transmit any data such as but not limited to text, images, audio, video or files that is unrelated to the topic of the web page, for example forum, comment wall or blog.
ByteSoftly reserves the right to remove any content and if we decide is necessary, give to law enforcement agencies such as but not limited to text, images, audio, video, e-mails, posts which violates these terms and conditions.
ByteSoftly reserves the right to remove any content at any moment belonging to ByteSoftly or its users without explanation.
ByteSoftly also reserves the right to co-operate completely with law enforcing agencies in the openness of information such as but not limited to the IP addresses of users, user account information or identification.
User content provenance
ByteSoftly is not responsible for user generated content including but not limited to posts, chat, images or communications of any type. Users accept entire responsibility for their actions.
Opinions expressed through any means on ByteSoftly websites may not be shared by ByteSoftly employees, management or organisation.
The laws of the UK govern the agreement of these terms and conditions, without giving effect to conflict of laws provisions. The courts of the UK have complete jurisdiction over all disagreements in connection with or as a result of the execution or performance of this agreement unless ByteSoftly chooses to start legal proceedings in your home legal district. In all judicial activity, arbitrations or disagreement resolution methods, the parties waive any punitive damages and/or costs.
Collection of information and Third Party sites/sponsors
ByteSoftly does not accept responsibility for any third party advertisements that may show on ByteSoftly websites. ByteSoftly, Ad-serving and other third parties may place and read cookies, web beacons and other information on users' browsers. Users may opt-out of some organisations collecting data via web or understand your options from sites such as NetworkAdvertising.org ByteSoftly and other organisations may use information (not including your name, email address, address or telephone or mobile number) about your visits to this and other ByteSoftly (or unrelated) websites in order to show advertisements on ByteSoftly sites and sites of other organisations which may be interesting to you. ByteSoftly may share anonymous data and information collected from you with our business partners, clients and users. You may disable cookies on your web
browser, however some functionality of ByteSoftly sites may be lost.
Reasonably necessary information
ByteSoftly websites do not require under 13's or any users to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary in order to use any part of any ByteSoftly website.
Security of ByteSoftly websites
ByteSoftly websites incorporate appropriate electronic, encryption, managerial procedures where necessary to keep safe the data we have collected as well as to prevent unauthorised access, keep data secure, and correctly implement the data we collect online.
If you wish to have your account terminated along with all personally identifiable information; please go to our account termination page.
If any of these terms, conditions, policies or disclaimers are deemed to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such term, condition, policy or disclaimer shall be severed and the remaining terms, conditions, policies and disclaimers shall survive and remain in full force and effect whilst continuing to be binding and enforceable.
Safety on ByteSoftly and the internet
ByteSoftly recommends all of its users should have an understanding of safety on the internet - for under 13's, parents should educate them about the potential risks of communicating on the net. ByteSoftly recommends that users/visitors do not disclose private information on forums, blogs and comment walls throughout ByteSoftly sites - for example credit card numbers and passwords must not be posted, as others may be able to read this information. Especially important information such as credit card numbers should never be entered into ByteSoftly websites, as we do not ask for them.
ByteSoftly content submissions/posting terms:
By posting or submitting any type of content such as but not limited to text, audio, video, images, files, profiles or any other materials/content you hereby grant ByteSoftly a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicense) to use, change, adapt, store, reproduce, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, transmit and distribute such content in, on and through ByteSoftly websites, services or any other medium.
ByteSoftly e-mail address policy:
- We do not buy lists of e-mail addresses from organisations.
- We do not borrow e-mail addresses from organisations.
- We certainly do not spam (we know how annoying that is).
- We do not sell our e-mail addresses.
- We do not sell our e-mail address lists.
- We don't loan our e-mail address lists.
- We do not let other organisations use our e-mail lists.
- The 'User review' section states how your e-mail address may be removed from our servers by terminating your account. E-mail addresses can be changed once users have signed in.
ByteSoftly content license agreement:
'Content' refers to applications, products, services and any other material created and/or implemented by ByteSoftly.
You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or change the software in any way. ByteSoftly shall keep title and ownership rights to the content.
The content is protected by international copyright treaties, copyright laws combined with other intellectual property treaties and laws.
You are forbidden from using any ByteSoftly content on your website, unless express permission has been granted for you to do so by ByteSoftly. You are allowed to use ByteSoftly content within educational, non-commercial work (excluding charities and charitable companies) provided it is described as being the property of ByteSoftly with a mention of the url 'www.ByteSoftly.com' in the work by the copied content.
If you are interested in licensing any ByteSoftly content for any purpose, please contact us - we look to make beneficial agreements with other publishers.
Unless otherwise stated, all content is provided as is without any warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, ByteSoftly further disclaims all warranties, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, and on infringement. The entirety of the risk arising out of the use and/or performance of the product and documentation remains with the recipient. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall ByteSoftly be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or other damages at all ever (including - without limitation - damages for loss of business profits, interruption of business, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) as a result of this agreement or the inability to use or the use of the content even if ByteSoftly has been notified of the possibility of such damages. Content is sold (often at a price of £0) "as is" and without warranties as
to merchant ability or performance or any other warranties whether implied or expressed. Because the software and hardware environments into which the content may be put, no warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is available or offered. The user must take/assume the entirety of the risk of using the software. Any liability of the seller will be limited exclusively to product replacement or refund (refund if money was paid for the product to ByteSoftly).
ByteSoftly does not have to provide updates, maintenance or additional content for software, services, products or other content. On the other hand, ByteSoftly may choose to provide updates, maintenance or additional content which shall be covered by this agreement.
That was long and boring wasn't it? Be grateful you didn't have to write it.